John T. Soyars
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where are you located?

The Christian County Attorney's Office is located at 209 East 14th Street, Hopkinsville, Kentucky.  Our phone number is (270) 887-4114.  Our fax number is (270) 886-3910.

What are your hours?

​We are open from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our office closes for lunch between 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. each day.

How do I file a complaint against someone?

​Since all criminal complaints vary depending on the circumstances of the incident we ask that you come to our office at your convenience and we will be glad to assist you with filing your complaint.

What do I do if I receive a bad check?

Nikki in our Cold Check Enforcement Division will be happy to help you with any cold checks you receive.  You can reach her at (270) 887-4114.

How do I pursue child support for my family?

We have several Child Support Specialists in our Child Support Division that can assist you with setting up a new child support case or answering questions for child support matters in Christian County.  They can be reached at (270) 887-9442.  ​The Child Support Division is located at 912 S Main Street Hopkinsville, KY 42240.

How do I find information about court dates?

For information regarding court dates you may call the Christian District Clerk's Office at (270) 889-6539.

Can I get a protection order against someone?

For information regarding protective orders please call the Christian District Clerk's Office at (270) 889-6539, or the local law enforcement agency that serves your area.  Most area law enforcement agency phone numbers can be found in the Links page of our website.

What do I do if I suspect a child or elderly person is being neglected or abused?

If you suspect a child or elderly person is being abused, please contact the Department for Community Based Services at (270) 889-6503 to report that abuse.  Our office will work with them in pursuing those matters in the interest of the child or elder.
© 2017 Christian County Attorney